Thursday, January 15, 2015

Carnivor Barbeque, restaurant at Pantai Indah Kapuk (North Jakarta)



The design of the place is very interesting. They got red bricks to give the aura of country house. They use wooden tables and chairs with old simple design to support the country house theme I guess. The weird thing is with the tree. What's with the tree? What do you want to exploit here? A country house which grows tree inside? Despite whatever the reason is, I think it looks good though.


So for the first I ordered Angel Hair Aglio Olio. The price is IDR58,000 or around USD4.50. I'm not a big fan of Aglio Olio to be honest. But the waiter actually suggested that for the pasta. So let's go for it. Believe me, it's not that my camera sucks. But that really is what the pasta looks like. I don't think looking at it will even tickle your interest on trying.

But since I ordered it, so I'll have to eat it. It's a little salty. And there's not enough spiciness. Aglio Olio supposed to have a bit more kick than this on the spiciness level. But with the help of chili lakes, it's better. And somehow I don't think they actually just spread the olive oil. Because it taste as if the oil is actually use to be heated (cook maybe). If it's true, that is so wrong. Or is it a fusion?

So is the price worth the taste? I'll not say so. It's still edible but not the dish I'll want to order again here. Maybe I'll try something else from the menu next time.


Who doesn't like Bintang Beer? Not the best but yet everyone likes it. They sell it here for IDR30,000 or around USD2.30. I actually asked for the Radler, which is a new variant. Unfortunately they don't have it. Serving it for that price in this type of a restaurant is very generous I'll say.

Bintang used to taste sucks. As if you're just drinking flavored water. It was back in the days. But than the taste have improved greatly. Is it because Heineken took over and redo the recipe? Anyhow, I'll praise the taste now.


Tuko's friend came over and in the end we ordered another dish. We get this Meat Craver Pizza. It's with Ham which means Pork which means not Halal. So I'm really sorry my Moslem friends, this restaurant is not where you may want to eat. Just come for a hang out will be cool though. The pizza cost us IDR65,000 or around USD5.15.

And yes again, the pizza really looks like that. Not my camera's problem. They got ham, sausage, onion, mushroom and cheese. I'm a big fan of Pizza. So it's very crucial to get the thickness right and the composition of bread vs cheese to be in harmony. As for this pizza, I like the thickness. It's not so thin but yet still has the crisp. Well done chef. But as for the composition of cheese and other ingredient, not to be praised. You put a bit too much onion. And a bit too much cheese. Which in the end really overwhelm the other ingredients' taste.

The pizza is just nice to eat for two person. I can finish it by myself, but I'll recommend it a dine for two. The price vs taste, Tuko judges it a bit pricey. With that price, you can get a better pizza with ham. Naming it Meat Craver is also exaggerating. There's only a few slices of ham and also a few slices of sausage.

By end of the night the bill came and there's Service Charge of 5% and Restaurant Tax of 10%. A very common combination here in Jakarta.

Tuko also would like to comment on the restaurant's name. Why do you even name it Carnivor? Come on... Even your Meat Craver dish has vegie inside it. And then you add Barbeque after it. You're really ruining people's expectation when looking at the name. I even were told a lot of people actually give the same comment after looking at the menu. Since when they were invited, they just quickly say yes without asking what type of food are served.

So will Tuko come back here? Sure why not, despite the food is not up to expectation but the service and the atmosphere actually helps out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you find Tuko's comment is not complete, let him know here.

Help Tuko Help

Tuko will always share the experiences. But when you have something in mind that you would like Tuko to try before you try it yourself, feel free to let Tuko knows.

Labels

alcohol (2) beverage (10) car wash (1) Cinema (1) dessert (7) food (12) mini market (1) printing (1) scam (1) technology (2) toll way (1)